The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie to Aquariums - Edge Owner - Few Questions......

4 posters

Go down

Newbie to Aquariums - Edge Owner - Few Questions...... Empty Newbie to Aquariums - Edge Owner - Few Questions......

Post  devine Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:35 am

Hello everyone!
Finally managed to decide on a small but manageable aquarium and bought myself a black fluval edge. And what an impressive tank it is! Ive washed everything thoroughly with cold water, and then added it to the tank, no inhabitants yet, but followed directions in instructions to the letter. The pump/filter is a little noisy. Ive read the blurb here, and people say it goes away? What kind of noise is it , as mine is a plasticky constant rattle. Which slightly reduces if take the covers off the tank and filter. I hoping it goes away. Also I think Ive suffered the ever present problem of "new tank syndrome" despite the fact there was no fish in the tank, I came downstairs this morning, to find the tank water quite cloudy and white! Is there anything I can do to make my water all pristine again!!!

Thanks guys, and cool forum by the ways

devine
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Newbie to Aquariums - Edge Owner - Few Questions...... Empty Re: Newbie to Aquariums - Edge Owner - Few Questions......

Post  themoschops Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:03 pm

HI.. please see my post just below yours for fixes to noisy impeller

Possible fix for noisy pump / impeller (well it works for me)

themoschops
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Newbie to Aquariums - Edge Owner - Few Questions...... Empty Re: Newbie to Aquariums - Edge Owner - Few Questions......

Post  Ratbert Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:14 am

did you rinse the filter medium before using it?

the rattling sound should be coming from the filter i guess, make sure the "U" part of the uptake pipe is locked in place properly. i didn't fit it all the way once and it was really noisy... hope that helps! Very Happy

Ratbert
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Newbie to Aquariums - Edge Owner - Few Questions...... Empty noisy filter

Post  38lynette Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi all
My tank has been set up and running for over 3 months now. The small amount of vibration noise I had initially has disappeared completely. I do have a pre filter sponge attached to the filter uptake, but really I think once the tank has had some time to adjust and gathered some algae/.crap it seems to soften the any vibrations.Peace and quiet.........but patience required. That's just my opinion.
Lynette

38lynette
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down