The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie to the Edge

2 posters

Go down

Newbie to the Edge Empty Newbie to the Edge

Post  sunshine rising Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:23 am

Hey, Just thought i would introduce myself, and quite pleased i have found a forum about the edge. I've brought mine on Saturday, its going through the cycle at the moment, but im having issues with bubbles, i have one massive one at the back, and smaller ones over the rest of the top, is this a constant thing that will happen, and how can i get rid of them? I was a little put off after reading other sites and that the fish gulp and the heater burns the fish. I would be grateful if you guys could give advice on how to keep it looking good.

Thanks for reading, and hope youve all had a good day Smile

sunshine rising
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Newbie to the Edge Empty Re: Newbie to the Edge

Post  Max Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:37 am

Hi there!

First, make sure you have your edge on a level surface. That is definitely step 1 in avoiding big ceiling bubbles. Once it is level you can use an algae magnet scraper to push all the bubbles to the opening.

I read about the EDGE heater not shutting off and getting too hot for fish as well. Sad. I still haven't bought a heater yet, but I don't think I will buy that one.

If you notice your fish are breathing heavily (maybe that is what you meant by gulping?), you may need to get some live plants and/or an air stone with an air pump. Both have their pluses and minuses. But if you get fish that are suitable for a small tank, and don't over stock then chances are the fish won't need a lot of extra care. Small tanks can be volatile once something goes wrong though, so be sure to check on the temp, make sure the filter is running, and what not a couple times a day at least, just to make sure everything is running as it should. Direct sunlight can also heat up the water considerably, so do avoid placing your Edge anywhere it could have sun exposure.

Anyways, welcome and enjoy your EDGE!!!

Cheers,
Max

Max
Pygmy Cory

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum