The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLOUDY WATER!! ARRRRR!

3 posters

Go down

CLOUDY WATER!! ARRRRR! Empty CLOUDY WATER!! ARRRRR!

Post  devine Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:14 am

Hey everyone, so did the instructions on the tank as per the booklet. Added the right amounts of nutrafin cycle. After two days the water was so UNBELIEVABLY cloudy, that I couldnt see to the back of the tank. I was thorough and washed all the items in the tank before I put them in, so I knew it wasnt that. After a week, I changed the water by about half, and it is now a lot better, but seriously, it is still a little cloudy. Pet Shop said my water was perfect PH, Ammonia levels etc. So I went and got some fish, Im aware that my tank wont have cycled properly. But Nutrafin cycle is supposed to make the water safer for the fish. I have 2 Zebra Danio and 2 Glow Light Danio, they seem very happy indeed, but the water is still cloudy ish, not sure what to do??
Anyone got any fishy tips? :-)

devine
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

CLOUDY WATER!! ARRRRR! Empty Re: CLOUDY WATER!! ARRRRR!

Post  DaveFE Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:30 am

Hi there,
Cloudy water is a sign that the gravel was not thoroughly washed before inserting into the tank or that the initial bio cycle has not completed.
It does not harm fish unless there is a build up of nitrate however usually you should wait a couple of days for it to clear before adding fish.
A tip to greatly speed this up would be to add some filter medium, a little water or gravel from a healthy established friends or aquatic shop tank to introduce some friendly bacteria.
If you have tried everything it should eventually clear with normal 20% weekly water changes and make sure you are not overfeeding, better to initially starve your fish for the first 48hours.

David.

DaveFE
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  bsellon Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:35 pm

I have found that a little time with some "Filter Floss" can help with the fine particles . you can pick some up at the pet store but for the short term you can use cotton balls.(but remember to take them out after a week or so as they will start to beak down, but by then you should have a chance to get the polyester stuff)
bsellon
bsellon
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down