The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light Unit

3 posters

Go down

Light Unit Empty Light Unit

Post  fishtastic Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:47 am

Hey! Very Happy

After one of my bulbs had stopped working in the light unit I decided to replace the bulb but accidently bought the wrong voltage which blew out the fuse in the plug/transformer (I think) I then replaced the plug/transformer by using a transformer I had lying around, it had the same outputs/inputs as the orriginal one and worked for a few hours before burning out....

So, Does anyone know where I can buy a new LIGHT UNIT not just the bulbs but the whole unit, I'm guessing this is possible as it can be taken off the rest of the tank Question

Thanks
Cheska

fishtastic
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Light Unit Empty Re: Light Unit

Post  rickO2 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:57 am

Cheska,

I've never seen the complete light units on sale in the shops. But I would imagine if you contacted the Hagen HQ they should be able to supply you with one direct. I'm not sure what they would charge but I've a hunch it would be around £30 or £40 if you inclue the halogen lamps, the power supply unit and P&P.

Another solution, strange as it might seem, would be to buy a complete Fluval Edge; you can get them for about £85 or so from Dobbies (in the UK). I suspect the prices of these Mk 1 Edges (with the halogen lamps) will be dropping even further as the shelves are cleared for the newer MkII version withh the LED lamps.

Doing it this way would give you the lamp assembly you require, plus a whole load of other spares eg filter, pump, charcoal, sponge, power supply ....and also a tank that could be set up as a quarantine/hospital unit.

Regards,

Ricky.
rickO2
rickO2
Angelfish

Back to top Go down

Post  rickO2 Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:36 am

Update; I was in Dobbies today (Mon 19/9/11) and they had the Mk1 Edge on sale for about £95. rather than the £85 it had been previously priced at.

Just for interest, they also had the Mk1 Edge on sale but with LEDs rather than halogen lamps....it was priced at £99.

Ricky
rickO2
rickO2
Angelfish

Back to top Go down

Post  fishtastic Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:59 am

Ricky

Thanks! I have contacted the main manufactures and because my tank is still in the 2 year gaurantee I can get the unit replaced free of charge from where I bought it

Thanks again

Cheska

fishtastic
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Post  diane21 Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:08 am

I think eBay is the best and cheapest possible place for lighting units, because these lighting factories are pretty much selling them directly. led flood lights

diane21
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum