The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upgrading to Day and Night Lighting

4 posters

Go down

Upgrading to Day and Night Lighting Empty Upgrading to Day and Night Lighting

Post  patersc Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:56 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new on here, and it's been great reading through some of the topics.

I have a question that I couldn't seem to find the answer for. I have the old style 23L edge with the standard Halogen bulbs. However, I've noticed that the new Edge has a Day and Night lighting solution at the flick of a switch. Is there anyway of upgrading my current lighting to the Day and Night, and do I need to buy a new lighting bar?

Thanks,

patersc

Back to top Go down

Upgrading to Day and Night Lighting Empty Re: Upgrading to Day and Night Lighting

Post  Michaelx105 Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi,

I think I'm right in thinking that you can't. I recall the employee at my local aquatics centre when I bought my 1st gen edge saying that the lighting bar fixings are different. Aside from buying a cheap second hand 2nd gen edge on ebay and swapping the tanks around the only upgrade is to buy the new LED bulbs Sad

Michaelx105
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Upgrading to Day and Night Lighting Empty Re: Upgrading to Day and Night Lighting

Post  dessie123 Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:19 am

you can upgrade to MR16- 78 LED bulbs but once you upgrade you wont be able to use your MR11 halogens ( not that you will want to) they are brighter make sure when you buy some make sure they have a high lumen output and the the beam spread is 120 degrees. i have a link on youtube watch?v=-YUtozLDIvo

dessie123
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Upgrading to Day and Night Lighting Empty day night lighting

Post  andymidgley Tue May 15, 2012 7:31 am

Easy upgrade just buy overhead light unit off ebay comes with 2x8w white lights and 1x8w blue sep switches cost £20.
All you need to do is hacksaw of inside support with the screws on (easy from inside gap) so it will sit flush on tank.
Then cut down from front support to get flush with tank.
Took me 10mins to do as it sits infront of lid

Make sure internal distance between arms is 42cm

Hope this helps

andymidgley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum