The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

faulty lightng transformer

2 posters

Go down

faulty lightng transformer Empty faulty lightng transformer

Post  aprilstivvy Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:53 pm

I have had my fluval edge 23L for six months now. In that time the filter has packed in for no apparent reason. Fortunately I got it replaced from the seller very quickly (as the original filters are very hard to come by). Now the transformer on the lighting (white and blue led mix) unit has started making a strange ticking noise and I fear it will blow if I continue to use it. But replacing just this is difficult as it is all sealed and attached at the other end inside the unit. Any ideas?

aprilstivvy
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

faulty lightng transformer Empty Re: faulty lightng transformer

Post  rickO2 Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:46 am

Hi April,

I have the older 23 L Edge originally fitted with the Halogen bulbs, so I can't be too specific about your more modern LED version.

But I would imagine your best course might be as before ie go back to the shop with your receipt and explain not only is there a quality issue but there may also be a fire hazard issue and that it needs resolving immediately. The shop will contact Hagen and get you a new complete light assembly that you can fit (hopefully) yourself.

The problem is that such corrective action may take weeks and all the while you have a potential fire hazard at home. So maybe the ideal solution is for the shop to immediately give you a complete new Edge now, and you move your existing filter (plus media), fish and decorations over, and later take the old Edge back to the shop. All a bit of a hassle, I know, but it's maybe the quickest, safest solution.

Regards,

Ricky

PS: Here's the Hagen contact details should you want to get their view before going to the shop:
UK Office: Rolf C. Hagen (UK) Ltd.
California Drive, Whitwood Ind. Est., Castleford, West Yorkshire, WF10 5QH
e-mail: customer.service-uk@rchagen.com
Telephone # : 01977 556622

rickO2
rickO2
Angelfish

Back to top Go down

Post  aprilstivvy Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks Ricky for yr advice. Unfortunately, it was a present and purchased online, not sure my husband still has the email receipt, but we will look and pursue it.

aprilstivvy
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum