The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tank empty after power loss

2 posters

Go down

tank empty after power loss Empty tank empty after power loss

Post  metalpowa Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi
My fluval edge filter doesn't have the capability to restart after a power loss. I don't like this but don't know what else I can do, or if it can somehow modified.
Example: after turning off the power, I have to manually add water to the tank or it will not work. Does anybody here have this problem? is there a way to fix it?
tnx

metalpowa

Back to top Go down

tank empty after power loss Empty Re: tank empty after power loss

Post  jwebbe Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:39 pm

Unfortunately the Hagen filter does not self prime. I too have dealt with the same problem since I got my Edge in June 2012.

The only thing I was able to do was to change out to a different filter altogether. I ended up getting a Zoo Med Nano 501 external canister filter. ALL of the media that was in the fluval filter fits perfectly and I fired it up just last week. Works perfectly and is even more quieter than the fluval filter and start right up after a power loss. No refilling necessary.

The filter costs about $50.00 but its worth it if you want to save your cycle from restarting over since all of your media goes in to the new filter with no loss of cycle.

Good luck!

jwebbe
Otto

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum