The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

46 L on order

Go down

46 L on order  Empty 46 L on order

Post  igolf2 Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:58 am

I have the 46L on order with That Fish Place - will do a write up when I receive and get it up and running. This is my first Edge and I was about ready to buy one off Amazon when I noticed an article about new Edge 46L w/ L.E.D. lighting, I was planning on buying the smaller Edge and upgrading the Halogens but decided to wait for the larger unit as it gives me more flexibility with the plants and fish I want to raise.

Later

igolf2
Guppy

Back to top Go down

46 L on order  Empty Edge is here

Post  igolf2 Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Received the new edge and was dissapointed in the LED light system - good only for med (-) low light plants - I have added the following fixture and am amazed at the difference - I would recommend adding a supplimental light like this : http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-18-Aquarium-Light-Hood-Nano-Reef-Refugium-24-W-/290557555992 - It fit the top front of the tank perfectly and looks like it was made for the tank - I also bought the 10,000K bulb from the same ebay member as the 50/50 light was marginal for plants. I will add pictures later but can't believe that Hagen after all the negatives concerning the original lighting system came up with a sub-par replacement - But for an additional $36 my plants are growing great!!!!

igolf2
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum