The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerns about heating my Edge 46L

3 posters

Go down

Concerns about heating my Edge 46L Empty Concerns about heating my Edge 46L

Post  mikejb Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi all. This is my first post, and I'm also a newbie to aquariums, so please treat me gently. Smile

My question is about purchasing a heater for my 46 litre Edge tank. I've only just purchased the tank, and will start the cycling process shortly in preparation for introducing some fish in the next month or so. I have a concern about what heater to go for however.

At first I thought "Right, I need to go for a Fluval Edge Heater" as well as getting differing opinions on whether I need the 25 watt version of the 50 watt one, but I've found that a majority of the reviews of this heater have been less than complementary. Most people are complaining that the temperature varies +/- to quite dangerous levels and can be quite unstable.

Has anyone here found this to be the case? Should I go for another manufacturer/model?

Thanks for reading.

Mike.

mikejb

Back to top Go down

Concerns about heating my Edge 46L Empty Heater

Post  MelissaP Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Mike,

After reading all the poor reviews on the Edge heater, I decided to go with something else. I have an Aqueon 50 watt submersible heater and so far it's keeping my temperature right where I want it despite changes in lighting within the tank and changes in ambient temperature. Granted, it's not been four days, but I am happy so far. I like the idea that's can adjust the thermostat when that's not possible with the one designed for the Edge. Just my two cents though they probably are worth less than that! Very Happy

How are things going now?

MelissaP
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Concerns about heating my Edge 46L Empty Heating

Post  fire_dragon Thu May 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi Mike,

another newbie to fluval edge 46l but not to keeping fish.

I have personally gone for the fluval 25w, the tank has been running just over a week now, and been happy sitting at 78F every time I've looked. not seen any swing in temp and looks cool in the tank too.

whichever you choose in the end, keep the physical size of the heater as small as you can from a looks point of view.

Rob

fire_dragon

Back to top Go down

Concerns about heating my Edge 46L Empty Re: Concerns about heating my Edge 46L

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down