The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of getting an Fluval Edge

+4
uGlitch
troy
Ibby
Anna
8 posters

Go down

Thinking of getting an Fluval Edge Empty Thinking of getting an Fluval Edge

Post  Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi! I am looking into buying a fluval edge and am looking for some advice. How many fish could I put in this tank and what kind would you recommend? Can I put a siamese fighting fish in this tank? I am looking for some very colourful fish so would guppies be ok too?

Dave albino

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting an Fluval Edge Empty Stocking and selection for a F.E.

Post  Anna Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Recommendations for stocking really depends on size of the fish, but on average 6-8 for the F.E. tank seems to be the max.
Fighting fish or guppies wouldn't be a problem (though as for mixing them...>.>).
People are stocking their tanks with everything from guppies to clowns.
~Anna

Anna
Pygmy Cory

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting an Fluval Edge Empty Re: Thinking of getting an Fluval Edge

Post  Ibby Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:02 pm

Ive got the following in mine

3 x Pygmy cory
5 x Boraras Brigitee
1 x Shrimp

The Boraras are so tiny you can hardly see them but the Cory's are awesome, they shoal together and swim around everywhere. My shrimp, now called Shaun the shrimp is the best, i could watch it for hours floating about the place LOL

Ibby
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ibby Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:42 am

As posted above i currently have 3 x Pygmy cory, 5 x Boraras Brigitee and 1 x Amano Shrimp in my Fluval Edge, do you think i could get away with adding 2 or 3 more Shrimp to this?

Ibby
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting an Fluval Edge Empty Dont get a crab !!!!!!!!

Post  troy Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:23 am

[font=Comic Sans Ms]My son has just added a red crab to his already overcrowded collection, even though the original set up was 5 neons, 4 angels and 4 corys !! 3 of the neons decided to take a trip up the pump inlet pipe, probably seen too many replays of my sons 'finding Nemo' dvd ...... well to cut a long story short, the days after the crab was introduced the fish stood back and avoided the crab at every possible turn, then this morning my wife took a trip to the bathroom and woke me up shouting ...
Mr crab was sat there on the bathroom floor, approx 4 metres away from where he should have been, in the tank in the room next door !!!!!!!!!!! i put him back in the tank but he died half an hour later, down the toilet he went !! so back to just the fish now. we have deduced that he climbed up the tank heater and over the top of the filters and down the back into the cable housing and through the hole in the bottom where the cables exit and onto the bedroom floor and beyond !! he was entertaining for the short while we had him ... Dont get a crab ...!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes[/font]
troy
troy
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Post  uGlitch Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:57 pm

troy wrote: [font=Comic Sans Ms]My son has just added a red crab to his already overcrowded collection, even though the original set up was 5 neons, 4 angels and 4 corys !! 3 of the neons decided to take a trip up the pump inlet pipe, probably seen too many replays of my sons 'finding Nemo' dvd ...... well to cut a long story short, the days after the crab was introduced the fish stood back and avoided the crab at every possible turn, then this morning my wife took a trip to the bathroom and woke me up shouting ...
Mr crab was sat there on the bathroom floor, approx 4 metres away from where he should have been, in the tank in the room next door !!!!!!!!!!! i put him back in the tank but he died half an hour later, down the toilet he went !! so back to just the fish now. we have deduced that he climbed up the tank heater and over the top of the filters and down the back into the cable housing and through the hole in the bottom where the cables exit and onto the bedroom floor and beyond !! he was entertaining for the short while we had him ... Dont get a crab ...!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes[/font]

I recently got a fluval edge (finnished its cycle about a week ago) and I've stocked 3x balloon mollies + 1x red claw crab in it. The crab and the mollies have gotten along just fine (as long as I feed the crab daily). But the problem with the crab crawling out...I've had that issue as well, I've taped up every hole I can find in the hood, so even if he crawls out I can find him easily. I'm quite happy with my tank right now since I modded the lighting to fit MR16 leds. I may post pics up soon?....

Edit: Forget what I said about the crab. They require brackish water, crawl out, and go after your fish. Sorry for misleading anyone who read this. Sad

uGlitch
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  tener ds Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:14 am

i got 6 CPD,s (galaxy rasboras) and 2 male endler guppys and lots of snails.waiting for my asassin snail to come and sort them out.

tener ds
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:25 am

Ibby wrote:As posted above i currently have 3 x Pygmy cory, 5 x Boraras Brigitee and 1 x Amano Shrimp in my Fluval Edge, do you think i could get away with adding 2 or 3 more Shrimp to this?

Shrimp generally have a very small bio-load, so from that standpoint, you could probably be fine with another couple of shrimp, as long as everything else in the tank is going well. I have heard that Amano shrimp breed less often than bees and crystals, but don't have personal experience. Just watch for babies, and make sure you have the sponge filter on the filter intake.

Edit: OK, I just read that Amano shrimp are "difficult" to breed in captivity because of the need for brackish water for reproducing, so if yours are true Amano's, maybe you don't need to worry about babies.

Cheers,
Max

Max
Pygmy Cory

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting an Fluval Edge Empty Looking to Stock

Post  Jen and Mike Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Have yet to set up but planning to stock (in order)

4 Galaxy Rasboras - tbc
1 Dwarf Puffer
1 male Betta - controversial I know, but many Edge users apparently have decent success with them, with the low filter speed and all.

Any advice on planting, stockists etc.? We live in Manchester, UK

J

Jen and Mike
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratbert Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:58 am

Jen and Mike, if you plan to keep dwarf puffers, its best to just make it a species tank. Because they WILL nip the betta! even shrimp are generally not safe ard puffers, unless they're way bigger. And i have had bettas would simply would not get along with anybody and would wipe out the entire tank. so do brace yourself for that.

another thing about dwarf puffers is that they eat nth but live food and blood worms, i once had one that wouldn't even take brine shrimp!

Ratbert
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down