The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

are dwarf puffers suitable for a fluval edge??

3 posters

Go down

are dwarf puffers suitable for a fluval edge?? Empty are dwarf puffers suitable for a fluval edge??

Post  babycham87 Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:01 am

im getting a fluval edge soon ans would love to keep dwarf puffers in it? if so how many could i have?
thanks

babycham87
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

are dwarf puffers suitable for a fluval edge?? Empty Re: are dwarf puffers suitable for a fluval edge??

Post  MrGator Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:48 am

Hi Babycham, welcome to the site. Dwarf puffers are a great fish to keep in the edge. I'd go for 5, six at a push. If you're going for a 46l edge, you could double the number of puffers. In both edges you could also have a few inverts such as amano shrimp and snails to accompany them.

I successfully kept DPs in my edge and they're a fantastic little fish to keep!

Look forward to seeing some pics once you've set up!

Magister What a Face
MrGator
MrGator
Angelfish

http://www.fluvaledgeforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

are dwarf puffers suitable for a fluval edge?? Empty Re: are dwarf puffers suitable for a fluval edge??

Post  babycham87 Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:02 am

ive been looking around and been told dps need 5 gallons each and the edge isonly 6 gallons.im not sure what to do as i really wanted to keep them in an edge??????

babycham87
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  MrGator Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:12 am

DPs grow to about 2cm max and will do fine in an edge. You need to ensure that your water quality is spot on though and feed them on live foods as often as possible.

Magister What a Face
MrGator
MrGator
Angelfish

http://www.fluvaledgeforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  teaspoonkitty Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Oh neat! I'm will be starting up a tank soon and I as well have been thinking about putting DPs in my tank! They seem like pretty cool fishies! We sell them at my job and every day I have to go by the tanks and give them some love. They are defiantly the cutest lil suckers out there! Smile
teaspoonkitty
teaspoonkitty
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down