The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Edge build with canister filter

2 posters

Go down

New Edge build with canister filter Empty New Edge build with canister filter

Post  Lugaidh Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Hello,

I am new the fluval edge. I am coming from an 80 gallon tank so i am used to having a canister filter. When i first saw the edge i fell in love with the minimalist design. I just recently bought a new older edge because i like the burnt orange. I dont like the small filter so i am going with an Eheim 2211 canister filter. With the filter i am using glass lilly pipes to keep the tank clean looking. I am still building it and waiting for the filter in the mail.

I cant seem to post photos because i am on my ipad, but photos will follow. I am also changing the halogens out for the new 46l led bar.

If anyone has photos of any mods like this please post them it would really help me with ideas.

Lugaidh

Back to top Go down

New Edge build with canister filter Empty Re: New Edge build with canister filter

Post  jwebbe Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:15 pm

I have the Fluval edge 6.6 and about 5 months ago, switched from the stock filter to a canister.
I ended up with the Zoo med Nano 501 .  It seems pretty efficient and is rated at 80 gph.

So far I love it.  Plus it was only $35.00 and it houses ALL of the media that was in the original fluval filter plus and additional sponge. Very Happy 

I think the canister is the way to go.  I absolutely hated the fluval stock filter ( didn't self-prime ) and whenever the power was cut off, the filter lost its suction and wouldn't prime so I have to end up dumping water in the reservoir.  What a pain!  A few times the filter had done that ( lost suction ) in the middle of the night and I could hear the motor whining - by the time I got downstairs to check it, the thing was smoking hot! Evil or Very Mad

jwebbe
Otto

Back to top Go down