The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fluval Edge Opening Size?

3 posters

Go down

Fluval Edge Opening Size? Empty Fluval Edge Opening Size?

Post  Hench Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:30 am

Is the size of the opening, the same on the New 46L tank, as it is on the original tank?

Gaz

Hench
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Fluval Edge Opening Size? Empty Re: Fluval Edge Opening Size?

Post  rickO2 Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:38 am

Hi Gaz,

From the pics/videos I've seen (eg http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=4301) the openings would appear to be the same size...but you'd need Hagen to verify that.

I've run a tropical, freshwater 23L Edge since early June. It looks great and overall is very good.

I can live with most of the issues associated with it's small, awkward opening on top (ie cleaning, adding plants, rocks etc) but the one aspect I find a real pain is when you need to catch a fish that's already in the tank. The only way to do it is to remove all the plants, decor and 50% of the water so the fish has less scope for evasion. Even then it is still very stressful for the fish (and me). I've tried the triangular net designed for the Edge, but it's hopeless; the only thing that sorta works is a couple of small nets (bought from P@H) with their stems bent to allow better manoeuvrability. So....I can imagine that with the much deeper 46L Edge catching fish will be even more of a nightmare eg longer and more unwieldy nets and more water volume for the fish to scoot about in.

My fish (Tetras, CPDs and shrimp) tend to occupy the bottom half of my tank. If you do get a 46L one it might be an idea to have at least one type of fish that uses the upper waters of the tank, rather than them all bunching about at the bottom.

Regards,

Ricky
rickO2
rickO2
Angelfish

Back to top Go down

Post  Hench Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi Ricky

Thanks for the reply, I also have the original Edge mine is Marine, I was considering upgrading to the bigger version.

The reason i asked about the opening size was related to the fact i spent alot of money on the nanocustom led fixture and wanted to make sure that i could transfer it to the larger tank with no issues.

I think i will have to try to find one in the flesh.

Thanks again.

Gaz

Hench
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  corpjet Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Where did you get the custom LED fixture?

Are you happy with it?

Thanks
James

corpjet
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  Hench Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:57 am

I got the led unit from nanotuners in the USA before they seized business.

I am more than happy with it and it now sits over my 46L reef tank.

Gaz

Hench
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down