The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got my first Edge for X-mas

3 posters

Go down

Got my first Edge for X-mas Empty Got my first Edge for X-mas

Post  bsellon Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Hello all,

The wife got me a the 46L Edge 2 in black and i love this thing. its only been a few days since i set it up but it has re-kindled my love for have a fish tank. Searching around the web i stumbled on this site and registered tonight.

just thought i would drop a line to say hello.

bsellon
bsellon
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Got my first Edge for X-mas Empty Re: Got my first Edge for X-mas

Post  pichur25 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:33 am

Hi, welcome to the edge forum! im new aswell! wife got me a 23 litre pewter version for christmas love it but want the bigger one already!
How do the LED's look? thinking of upgrading my bulbs but there a bit expensive from fluval. Going to get some led strip lighting in blue for night time aswell.
Just starting my fishless cycle using the Nutrafin supplied with the tank hopefully get 4 fish this sat. Are you going for tropical or cold water? What fish? Be nice to see some pics of your set up. Enjoy your edge!

pichur25
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Post  bsellon Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:05 pm

pichur25 wrote:Hi, welcome to the edge forum! im new aswell! wife got me a 23 litre pewter version for christmas love it but want the bigger one already!
How do the LED's look? thinking of upgrading my bulbs but there a bit expensive from fluval. Going to get some led strip lighting in blue for night time aswell.
Just starting my fishless cycle using the Nutrafin supplied with the tank hopefully get 4 fish this sat. Are you going for tropical or cold water? What fish? Be nice to see some pics of your set up. Enjoy your edge!

This is my first tanks in awhile and the LEDs look great. from the posts and pics around the net the conversion to LED looks really good. this is a planted tropical tank, had some cherry shrimp given to me so they moved in a little early but are doing fine. just put in 4 Neons tonight and they are buzzing around checking things out right now. thats all i am going to introduce for the next month or so.

this forum blocks posting of pictures for 7 days when your new so after than i got some pics i want to post up for all to see.

What was your plans for your tank? i assume tropical?

bsellon
bsellon
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Post  pichur25 Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:50 am

Hi, I was going to go subtropical, a few white cloud mountain minnows and a couple of platys. As i went to buy the wcmm my wife decided she would like me to have a tropical set up instead and bought me a heater! The lfs guy then sold me two dwarf gourami and a male endler. Going to go back in a couple of weeks and get 4-5 neon teteras and maybe a shrimp. My gourami and endler seem very happy ,all seem to follow each other around. Although the endler is half the size of the gourami he eats loads more! Will try and get some pics posted.

pichur25
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Post  MrGator Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:18 am

I'd go for a few more endlers in the edge - I currently have 10 in my edge, plus four females.

looking forward to the pics

Magister
MrGator
MrGator
Angelfish

http://www.fluvaledgeforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  pichur25 Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:43 am

Sad Sad news, one of my gouramis died last night :-( it was acting strange not moving much then it would swim rapidly around n then sink to the bottom. tested the water everything was ok. Did a 20% water change with some dechlorinated water as a matter of caution she behaved like this for 4 hours until I saw she wasnt breathing. removed from tank and gave her a dignified burial. Ive tested the water again it seems ok. ~The other gourami and endler seem quite happy the endler follows at a safe distance the gourami no signs of fighting and there eating plenty. Not sure what other tank mates to get now! The endlers are cool always wanted some neons tho! what do u think to shrimp?

pichur25
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down