The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filter problem

5 posters

Go down

Filter problem Empty Filter problem

Post  Stu Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:11 am

Hi there all, this is my first post.
i have set up my Fluval edge which has now been running for around two weeks and all is going well. Has anyone had a problem with their filter when set to full. When i switch mine over to full power the water level rises in the filter chamber and leaks over the top into the filter side. Thus the water just runs back into the tank without going through the filtering system. If i turn the it back down to low the water level drops. Am i doing something wrong ? As you can imagine on low power it takes longer to clear when completing water changes etc.
Look forward to your replies and will probably realise im doing something totally stupid..

Stu

Back to top Go down

Filter problem Empty Re: Filter problem

Post  dessie123 Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:10 am

you may have the water level too high (just around 1/2 cm above the tank itself or your filter media isnt inserted properly into the cage

dessie123
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Darbinho Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:20 am

Where are the high/low power switches? I can't seem to find anything like that on mine?

Darbinho
Pygmy Cory

Back to top Go down

Post  surlyguy Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Darbinho wrote:Where are the high/low power switches? I can't seem to find anything like that on mine?

There is a little post sticking out of the filter lid. Slide the post to the right for the minimum flow. Slide it to the left for maximum flow. In-between for flow in-between.

surlyguy
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Newbie2012 Wed May 02, 2012 7:19 am

Stu wrote:Hi there all, this is my first post.
i have set up my Fluval edge which has now been running for around two weeks and all is going well. Has anyone had a problem with their filter when set to full. When i switch mine over to full power the water level rises in the filter chamber and leaks over the top into the filter side. Thus the water just runs back into the tank without going through the filtering system. If i turn the it back down to low the water level drops. Am i doing something wrong ? As you can imagine on low power it takes longer to clear when completing water changes etc.
Look forward to your replies and will probably realise im doing something totally stupid..

I have the exact same problem with the water level rising when on full power! Have you managed to find a solution?

Newbie2012
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down