The Fluval Edge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marine Edge

3 posters

Go down

Marine Edge Empty Marine Edge

Post  Diakon456 Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:33 am

No posts in here so thought i would add one.....

I have just introduced two dwarf seahorses in to a fluval edge marine set up. The tank is ideal as its small has simple filtration also looks good. The are happy and eating well, but i want to alter the tank a bit and woudl like some suggestions:

First has anyone got any hints on how to reduce the flow rate of the filter to a bit slower than simply moving the tube fully towards the right?
Secondly can you simply put in MR16 LED into the sockets to replace the halogens as white LED would be better?

Any help greatly appreciated

P.S I would add a picture or two but i cant get it to work properly

Diakon456
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Marine Edge Empty Re: Marine Edge

Post  CAYO Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:35 am

Not sure if it will work for you but you could add a small bit of spong to cover the filter basket and a little over the trickle lip also add the pre filter sponge if you havent allready. I have mine toped up kinda high so the main water movement comes from the korallia. Are they dwarf or the tiny pygmy ones? I do hear they can be very fussy/hard to feed and getting into this tank with out removing to much water is a little bit of a pain as you will know (just keep some food basters/pippets to hand. I'm looking into upgrading my mini marine fluval tank but you have given me an idea now as I have had one eye on the new fluval Chi. If you are looking for lighting mods look up Evil or Very Mad under fluval edge thread they have some real good ones on there and are a friendly lot and will help out with any lighting questions you have. Good luck with it all and I hope you enjoy the little ponies.

Oh and yes I do hear you can use mr16 led in this, they are a bit of a fiddle to get in and you won't be able to use mr11 again as the holes will have been widend. I have mr 11 leds in mine (15) and a bright white led strip light along with 2x 30 blue led strip lights for night time. (ebay ones all wired in together on a timer)

Last edited by SeannyMagoo on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add info on lighting)

CAYO
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  Diakon456 Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:03 am

I am looking for the MR11 and MR16 LEDs see what they are like before i start rewiring things.

The dwarf seahorses are not to bad onlt 2.5-3 cm in length and you only need to culture live BBS for them to eat, which i was doing anyway for my large seahorse fry, so all simple so far, only problem is getting the flow rate down on the filter.

This tank works really well for fry as it is sealed all over the fry cannot get stuck on teh surface of the water as the only opening has teh filter outlet in and so the get blown back under, so works well really.

If anyone wants a hand seeting up seahorse stuff give a shout at one point i had three large display tanks and 4 fry tanks and a krestle tank up and running. Ive downscaled a bit now.

Cheers

Diakon456
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  AquaClear Impeller 634 Wed May 22, 2013 11:24 am

Thanks for finding me the impeller, my tank so far:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=nqfhldw0Bqc

AquaClear Impeller 634
Guppy

Back to top Go down